loader image

Allen County, Kentucky

County Clerk, Elaine Williams



(No appointments necessary)
Monday-Friday: 8:30-4:00

Note: For pre-printing an application or seeking additional information from the National Passport Agency, please refer to the travel.state.gov website.


  • Yourself OR child and both parents if passport is for a child age 15 or under
  • Certified birth certificate from the state where you were born
  • Valid photo identification (If you don’t live in Kentucky, you will need 2 forms of ID)
  • Passport photos (We can take your passport photo for an additional fee of $10.)
  • A check for payment of the application fee (necessary for each application; make payable to the US Department of State)


  • 35.00 (Application fee) + 10.00 (If picture is taken in office) payable to Allen County Clerk
  • Routine processing takes 6 weeks for processing and return. Cost is $110.00 for passport book age 16 and up and is valid for 10 years. For children age 15 and under, the cost is $80.00 and passport book is valid for 5 years.
  • Expedited processing takes 3 weeks for processing and return. Cost is $185.89 for adult passport – 110.00 (Passport book) + 60.00 (Expedite fee) + 15.89 (Overnight return postage)) – and $155.89 for children 15 and under ($80.00 + $60.00 expedite fee + $15.89 Overnight return postage once passport is completed)
  • Additional fee of 24.70 for overnight delivery to the passport facility is payable to the Allen County Clerk’s Office.
  •  Postage is $9 for the first family member and $3 each additional not to exceed $18


Renewing your Passport

Passport renewals are executed by the passport holder, without needing to wait at an Acceptance Facility to have the paperwork completed. Check out this short video to learn more about renewing your passport!

As always, our Passport Office will be more than happy to look over the paperwork for you at no charge, and provide an updated picture ($10 fee) to submit with the renewal.

For further information on renewing your passport, visit travel.state.gov.



Skip to content